News and Events
- REBOOT – a Life-changing event, featuring internationally acclaimed CHRIS STEFANICK, is being put on at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church and everyone is welcome to come. The event is February 18, 2020 from 7:00pm – 9:30pm. Tickets are $25 and may be purchased through RealLifeCatholic.com/reboot or Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church. See the flyer on the bulletin board in the Narthex.
- The next Worship and Spiritual Life Meeting is set for Monday, Jan. 20th at 6:30 pm in Betty Watson Conference Room.
- In the month of December, Giving Cabinet served 11 families and 44 individuals. January Volunteers for our Parish Giving Cabinet are: Thursday, January 23rd will be Barbra Elliott, Marianne Russell, Roz Howell and Cathy Maggart. We thank these volunteers for their gen erosity for helping the needy as it is very important to the Lord. We thank the Parishioners for their contributions to make all this possible. If you would like to serve your parish as a volunteer in the Giving Cabinet please call the office – 615-444-0524
- Join us for a Women’s Book Study – Wednesday nights at 6pm- January 8 – February 26 at St. Mary’s Bookstore, 1909 West End Ave., Nashville. We will be reading “Unleashed” by Sonja Corbitt. Each night will include fellowship and discussion along with guest speakers from around the diocese. Sonja Corbitt will be the speaker on the final night. Purchase her book at St. Mary’s for a special gift!
- World Marriage Day, February 9, 2020. Bishop Mark Spalding invites all married couples celebrating silver or golden wedding anniversaries in 2020 to join him for a special Mass on World Marriage Day, Sunday, February 9th. Mass will be celebrated at 2:30pm at the Cathedral of the Incarnation. Please contact the parish office if you are celebrating 25 or 50 years of marriage in 2020. An invitation will be mailed out to you. A group photo with Bishop Spalding will take place at 2pm before Mass and a light reception will follow after Mass at the Fleming Center.
- Divine Mercy Diary invites you to come join us each Sunday in the old church’s Sacristy from 9:30 – 10:40 A.M., contact the group leaders, Tom or Libbi Compton at 1-615-374-4054.
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES: Christmas Break is for three weeks this year, starting today, Sunday, December 22nd. We will resume classes on January 12, 2020, the feast of the Baptism of the Lord. We pray that everyone has a safe and Blessed Christmas Season. May God be close to you and your family.
- Tuesday Bible Study Group will resume back on Tuesday, Sept. 3rd from 11 a.m.– 12:30 p.m. in Parish Hall. Contact Kathleen Kissane 615-444-6756.
- First Friday Eucharistic Adoration has been changed back to First Friday mornings after the 8 A.M. Mass from 8:30 A.M.-9:30 A.M.
- Compassionate Hands Emergency Shelters in Wilson County Wilson County continues to have a homeless problem, and local churches are planning once again to make a difference this winter. Emergency Shelters at Wilson County Churches December 1, 2019 -March 15, 2020. Wilson County churches are working together to help serve for 15 weeks this winter. This is just one of the ways to help others in our community. This is a wonderful outreach ministry and promises those who volunteer will be truly blessed. If you’re interested in volunteering by cooking and serving, please call or email Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 6th. Mark your calendar for Sunday, November 3rd for a meeting for all volunteers. We will meet at 9:45 A.M. in the church Brides’ Room & Cry Room. Groups/teams will be assigned and handed out along with a meal schedule.
- Fr. James is adding an additional day to hear confessions prior to daily Mass on each Friday morning from 7:15 A.M. to 7:45 A.M.
- The Adult Faith Formation group will be regularly meeting on Sundays in the Ashley House, from 9:30am to 10:40. For now, RCIA will be meeting on Wednesdays in the Church Hall from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 am masses.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Divine Mercy Study Group – Join us every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. The Compton’s 615-374-4054
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Upcoming Lenten Study: “Discovery” is a diocesan-wide Lenten study that we are planning to participate in this year. It is designed for small Faith groups with multiple options. Leaders of these groups don’t need to be theologians or experts. They need to be welcoming people who are on fire with the love of Jesus and desirous of bringing more people to Him. Please consider participating in one of these groups during Lent or even being a leader yourself. Look for a flyer in next week’s bulletin or contact Jan Trahan, email@example.com for more information.
- Fr. James would like to express his appreciation to our Parish Council members who have served our parish community. Thank you for your service!
We welcome our newest Parish Council members: Gary Skaggs, Olga Watkins, Bill Riley, Maria Elena Hernandez, Ken Condit, Angel Tecalco Pineda-YG, Frank Rosetti, Adam Howell
- ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF NASHVILLE
You may be aware that we are conducting a comprehensive survey of the entire diocese. The purpose of the survey is to help gauge support for our plan to strengthen our parishes, support vocations, provide strategic growth initiatives for future churches and schools, and bring vital social services to those in need.
Bishop Spalding would like to thank everyone who has already taken part in the study. Your participation is extremely valuable to him during this planning process. If you have not yet responded to a survey, you are encouraged to do so. Your input will help the diocese make an informed decision regarding its long-range plans. We hope to have all surveys completed by February 21, 2020. You may return your survey to the office, or place it in the offertory basket at any of the Masses. You may also complete the survey online by going to steiergroup.com/survey, clicking on Roman Catholic Diocese.
- Bishop Spalding Wants Your Feedback! The Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville will be conducting a campaign planning study throughout the end of February, and Bishop Spalding would like to hear from you. The study will gather feedback on a potential diocesan-wide capital campaign. The campaign would raise funds to strengthen our parishes, support vocations, provide strategic growth initiatives for future churches and schools, and bring vital social services to those in need. The Steier Group, a Catholic development fundraising firm, has been recruited to conduct the study on our behalf. A final recommendation on the viability of the campaign will be made in early March. The study will provide everyone with an opportunity to share their thoughts through personal interviews, surveys and other ways. There will be regular updates in our bulletin in the weeks to come with more details on how you can participate. Stay tuned!
- The Knights of Columbus would like to thank the parish of St Frances Cabrini Catholic Church for your support in our annual Coats for Kids drive. With your help we were able to purchase 132 new coats this year. Also, thanks for dropping off around 70 sweatshirts, jackets and coats. Some of those dropped off coats went to Cedarcroft home and to other charitable organizations in Lebanon. We delivered 120 new coats to Lebanon Special School District and kept a dozen new coats along with some of the dropped off coats at the parish. So, if you know of a family that needs coats please contact the Parish Office 615-444-0524. Again, thank you for your support in this effort it is greatly appreciated.
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreat: Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville. Info: 615-383- 6393.
- All 7th– 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5- 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Come learn of the priceless gifts Jesus has bestowed and His roadmap for a closer journey with Him! Join the Divine Mercy Diary Study Group every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. Tom & Libbi Compton 1-615-374-4054
- Holy Mass Etiquette Reminders: Our behavior in Church has an effect on others. In charity, we need to be sensitive to each other and provide a good example. Please use the Cry Room when needed for young children, and please enter and exit the Church quietly before and after Mass so people can pray in peace.
- Do you know someone who would like to know more about our faith? Did you miss your First Eucharist and/ or Confirmation? Have you been thinking about joining the Catholic Church? RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is calling all men, women and children that are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith! We are starting our inquiry sessions! We meet in the Church Hall on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Come and learn more!
- Mass Intentions: It has long been a custom within the Catholic Church to have a Mass offered for someone who is deceased or for a special intention. The priest then makes it his intention during Mass to remember the particular request made. Throughout the year we have many Masses without scheduled intentions. If you would like to have a Mass offered, you may call Nikki or stop by the parish office during regular business hours (8 AM -12 Noon) or drop a note in the collection basket with your stipend. We make our best efforts to accommodate your request. We publish the Mass intentions each week in our bulletin. The usual stipend for a Mass intention is $10.00. Fr. James would like to see this tradition continued.
- Religious Education Classes are 9:30 to 10:40 A.M.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: Second Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month.Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your date.
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NEW NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)