News and Events
- St Frances Cabrini Parish–Lenten Retreats. Watch the bulletin for more information and registration forms. Lunch will be provided and registration will be required, No cost-Free of charge.
- Hispanic Language Retreat
On Saturday, March 14th at SFC
With Fr. Christiano Nunes da Silva
From 8:30 A.M.– 3 P.M.
- English Retreat
On Saturday, March 21st at SFC
With Fr. Joe Campion
From 8:30 A.M.– 3 P.M.
- Hispanic Language Retreat
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreat: (Feb. 22, Mar. 14, April 18, June 13, July 18, Sept. 12, Oct. 17, Nov. 14), 8a.m.-5p.m., Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville. Info: 615-383- 6393.
- This weekend February 22/23 Usher & Greeter training session for all current and new Usher & Greeters. On Saturday 22nd will meet at 4:30 P.M. in Narthex area, and Sunday 23rd will meet at 9:45 A.M. in the church.
- February is Catholic Press Month: 2020 TN Register Subscriptions-It’s time for the annual subscription renewal for the Tennessee Register once again. Please take note there is an increase this year in the subscription rate, of $29 and preferably make payment to your parish. Just drop your TN. Register envelope in the Offertory basket by Sunday , February 23rd at Mass.
- ASH WEDNESDAY, February 26th, MARKS THE BEGINNING OF LENT
Masses will be at 8 A.M., Noon and 7 P.M. Spanish Mass
- Collection for Aid to the Church in Central and Eastern Europe: On Ash Wednesday, we will take up the Collection for the Church in Central and Eastern Europe. This collection supports the Church in more than 20 countries that still struggle to recover from Communist rule. Funds from this collection support pastoral care, catechesis, building renovations, and seminary formation. Your support restores the Church and builds the future in this region. Please prayerfully
consider how you can support the collection next week.
- LENT 2020- Stations of The Cross – Fridays during Lent and will be led by a group within SFC. Stations in English will begin at 7 P.M. and Spanish Language Stations will begin at 7:45 P.M. All parishioners are invited to attend.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT SCHEDULE
- February 28th – Soup Dinner Hosted By: Tuesday Bible Group–5:00- 6:30 PM
Stations led by: Ladies Altar Society at 7 P.M.
Stations of the Cross led by: Victor & Isabel Esparza
Hispanic Eucharistic Ministers in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- March 6th – K/C’s Fish Fry 5:00-6:30 PM
Stations led by: Legion of Mary
Stations of the Cross led by: Antonia & Jose Martinez
Hispanic Ushers & Greeters in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- March 13th – Soup Dinner Hosted By: SFC Parish Council Members 5:00-6:30 PM
Stations led by: Knight’s of Columbus at 7 P.M.
Stations of the Cross led by: Braulia Luna
Hispanic Lectors in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- March 20th – K/C’s Fish Fry 5:00-6:30 PM
Stations led by: Deacon Jerry and Worship & Spiritual Committee
Stations of the Cross led by: Maria Rosa Chicas
Hispanic Sacristans in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- March 27th – Soup Dinner Hosted By:
Ladies’ Altar Society 5:00-6:30 PM
Stations of the Cross led by: Youth Group/ Eighth Grade Confirmation Class
Stations of the Cross led by: Hugo Garcia
Hispanic Choir in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- April 3rd – K/C’s Fish Fry 5:00- 6:30 PM
Stations led by: Genevieve Riley & RCIA Class
Stations of the Cross led by: Deacon Hector
Hispanic RCIA Class in the Spanish Language at 7:45 P.M.
- February 28th – Soup Dinner Hosted By: Tuesday Bible Group–5:00- 6:30 PM
- Eucharistic Minister and Lector Refresher Training!
Monday March 2, at 7 P.M. in church there will be a refresher training session for all current and new Eucharistic Ministers and Lectors. We will review the value and importance of your ministry. We will also go through your role at Mass. All are expected to attend. The session should last about one hour.
- Knights of Columbus 9787 FISH FRY
From 5:00 PM till 6:30 PM
In the Parish Hall- Friday March 6th, Friday March, 20, Friday April, 3rd
Come and Enjoy Menu subject to the Chef’s choice – Donations only
- Lebanon Church Basketball League
All Games at First Baptist Church- Lebanon Come out and cheer on your SFC men’s team. Next game is on February 22nd at 3pm
- Divine Mercy Diary invites you to come join us each Sunday in the old church’s Sacristy from 9:30 – 10:40 A.M., contact the group leaders, Tom or Libbi Compton at 1-615-374-4054.
- Tuesday Bible Study Group meets from 11 a.m.– 12:30 p.m. in Parish Hall. Contact Kathleen Kissane 615-444-6756.
- First Friday Eucharistic Adoration – First Friday mornings after the 8 A.M. Mass from 8:30 A.M.-9:30 A.M.
- Compassionate Hands
Emergency Shelters in Wilson County
Wilson County continues to have a homeless problem, and local churches are planning once again to make a difference this winter.
Emergency Shelters at Wilson County Churches
December 1, 2019 -March 15, 2020.
Wilson County churches are working together to help serve for 15 weeks this winter. This is just one of the ways to help others in our community. This is a wonderful outreach ministry and promises those who volunteer will be truly blessed. If you’re interested in volunteering by cooking and serving, please call or email Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 or email@example.com.
- Fr. James added an additional day to hear confessions prior to daily Mass on each Friday morning from 7:15 A.M. to 7:45 A.M.
- The Adult Faith Formation group will be regularly meeting on Sundays in the Ashley House, from 9:30am to 10:40. For now, RCIA will be meeting on Wednesdays in the Church Hall from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 am Masses.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Divine Mercy Study Group – Join us every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. The Compton’s 615-374-4054
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there!
- FROM THE DIOCESE – The Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries is the “backbone” of support for seminarian education, caring for the marginalized, and for critically needed ministries such as religious education, adult formation, youth and young adult ministry, and campus, church, and chaplain pastoral care. Please join us in support with a gift today through a pledge card in your vestibule. Or you can give online by texting.
- BISHOP’S ANNUAL APPEAL FOR MINISTRIES (BAAM)
The campaign is a diocese-wide effort that supports the pastoral services of the Catholic Church in Middle Tennessee. It is an opportunity for all Catholics in our diocese to express unity with one another in carrying out our mission in support of the work of Christ in our lives today. Join us today in support of the Bishop’s Appeal for Ministries with a gift or pledge through the brochure in your pew or text BISHOP to 31996 to make a gift online. Your support enables the works of all Diocesan ministries include Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, Catholic Charities, Seminarian Education and much, much more.
- The Knights of Columbus would like to thank the parish of St Frances Cabrini Catholic Church for your support in our annual Coats for Kids drive. With your help we were able to purchase 132 new coats this year. Also, thanks for dropping off around 70 sweatshirts, jackets and coats. Some of those dropped off coats went to Cedarcroft home and to other charitable organizations in Lebanon. We delivered 120 new coats to Lebanon Special School District and kept a dozen new coats along with some of the dropped off coats at the parish. So, if you know of a family that needs coats please contact the Parish Office 615-444-0524. Again, thank you for your support in this effort it is greatly appreciated.
- All 7th– 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5- 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Come learn of the priceless gifts Jesus has bestowed and His roadmap for a closer journey with Him! Join the Divine Mercy Diary Study Group every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. Tom & Libbi Compton 615-374-4054
- Holy Mass Etiquette Reminders: Our behavior in Church has an effect on others. In charity, we need to be sensitive to each other and provide a good example. Please use the Cry Room when needed for young children, and please enter and exit the Church quietly before and after Mass so people can pray in peace.
- Do you know someone who would like to know more about our faith? Did you miss your First Eucharist and/ or Confirmation? Have you been thinking about joining the Catholic Church? RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is calling all men, women and children that are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith! We are starting our inquiry sessions! We meet in the Church Hall on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Come and learn more!
- Mass Intentions: It has long been a custom within the Catholic Church to have a Mass offered for someone who is deceased or for a special intention. The priest then makes it his intention during Mass to remember the particular request made. Throughout the year we have many Masses without scheduled intentions. If you would like to have a Mass offered, you may call Nikki or stop by the parish office during regular business hours (8 AM -12 Noon) or drop a note in the collection basket with your stipend. We make our best efforts to accommodate your request. We publish the Mass intentions each week in our bulletin. The usual stipend for a Mass intention is $10.00. Fr. James would like to see this tradition continued.
- Religious Education Classes are 9:30 to 10:40 A.M.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: Second Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your date.
- New Members – If you are new to the parish and would like offertory envelopes, please call the church office at 615-444-0524 so we can get you registered as a parish member. We look forward to meeting you!
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)