News and Events
- Saint Patrick’s 165th Irish Picnic & Homecoming:
We hope you can join us for our Annual Irish Picnic, held at the St. Patrick Picnic Grounds on Friday, July 27 & Saturday, July 28. The festivities begin at 5 PM on Friday and end at 11 PM, with barbecued chicken halves, BBQ pork sandwiches, silent auction games and music. Join us Saturday from 10 AM– 11 PM. It is fun for the entire family! For more info. https://irishpicnic.com
- You’re Invited
Together let’s Honor and Celebrate the Retirement of Our Beloved Pastor
Father Michael O’Bryan
On Sunday, August 4, 2019
in the Parish Life Center-Old Church
After the 1 P.M. Spanish Mass
The time has quickly passed by,
now it’s time for us to say good-bye,
Please join us to wish him the very best,
as he starts his long and well deserved rest.
Please bring a finger food or an appetizer dish of your choice.
- Vacation for Tuesday Co-ed Bible Study Group. We will resume the Tuesday after Labor Day. Hope Everyone has a safe and loving summer.
- Coffee & Donuts after the 8:30 Mass every Sunday starting in June and running through July. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreat (Sept. 14), 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville. Info: 615-383-6393.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. Masses.
- Tuesday Bible Study Group meets Tuesdays 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Parish Hall. Contact Kathleen Kissane 615-444-6756.
- Divine Mercy Study Group – Join us every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. The Compton’s 615-374-4054
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Prayers for our parishioners for happy and safe travels during their summer adventures and guide them safely back home!
- Annual Salvation Army/Dewaal Back to School Drive: Thank you to all who contributed. We will be sending a church check in the amount of $1,335.00 to the Becky Dewaal Back to School Shoe Drive on behalf of the Parish. Again, thank you for generous contributions which provides shoes for the inner city children of Lebanon as they start back to school.
- Giving Cabinet has stayed busy this summer. We served 15 families with 57 individuals during the month of June. The volunteers for Thursday, July 11th will be Chris Minella, Joy Culley, Tina Spalin, and Karen Dawson. Thank you, in advance.
- Prayers for our parishioners for happy and safe travels during their summer adventures and guide them safely back home.
- Confirmation Class: Attention any students planning to be Confirmed in 2020 should be registered in classes NOW. Although Confirmation is usually celebrated in 8th grade, the year before is a pre-preparation year for Confirmation and will start being required. If you have any question please call Jan Trahan at 615-444-0524 or email at email@example.com.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: First Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Thank you to all parishioners who signed up at Ministry Sign- Up Sunday. Please watch the bulletin for dates for the training session classes for all Altar Servers, Lectors, and Eucharistic Ministers.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your date.
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NEW NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)