News and Events
- Dispensation from Obligation to Attend Mass has been extended to June 30th by Bishop Spalding.
- Masses are being livestreamed daily on Facebook via the Carmel Center’s Facebook page and St. Frances Cabrini Facebook page. Weekday – Monday– Friday Rosary at 7:35 A.M. and Mass at 8 A.M. follows–
Saturday – No Rosary- Masses at 4:30 P.M. and 7 P.M. Spanish Mass
Sundays – No Weekend Rosary’s Mass will be 8:30 A.M., 11 A.M. and 2 P.M. Spanish Mass
- The Church Office returns on Monday, May 18th. Due to social distancing, please call the church office at 615-444-0524, if no answer call 615-489-7803 or email email@example.com so they can assist your needs from there. Office hours are Monday- Friday from 8 A.M. until 12 noon.
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreats: (June 13, July 18, Sept. 12, Oct. 17, Nov. 14), 8 a.m.-5p.m., Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville.
- At this time: Due to our current situation, ALL parish events, parish group meetings, including small faith meetings and Religious Ed Classes, have been cancelled until further notice.
- Compassionate Hands
Emergency Shelters in Wilson County
Wilson County continues to have a homeless problem, and local churches are planning once again to make a difference this winter.
Emergency Shelters at Wilson County Churches
December 1, 2019 -March 15, 2020.
Wilson County churches are working together to help serve for 15 weeks this winter. This is just one of the ways to help others in our community. This is a wonderful outreach ministry and promises those who volunteer will be truly blessed. If you’re interested in volunteering by cooking and serving, please call or email Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fr. James added an additional day to hear confessions prior to daily Mass on each Friday morning from 7:15 A.M. to 7:45 A.M.
- The Adult Faith Formation group will be regularly meeting on Sundays in the Ashley House, from 9:30am to 10:40. For now, RCIA will be meeting on Wednesdays in the Church Hall from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 am Masses.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there!
- Thank you for your continued patience. The office staff and I have been preparing to reopen for public
Mass on Monday, June 1st. With social distancing we are only able to sit 35 households per each Mass. If you feel uncomfortable coming to church, please know you can still watch Mass being live streamed. Bishop Spalding’s dispensation is until June 30th.
Masses will be held Monday- Friday at 8 AM and a 12 Noon Mass has been added on Wednesdays and Fridays. On Thursdays Spanish Mass will be at 7 PM. With following all the guidelines and allowing time for all the cleaning we have slightly adjusted the Mass schedule to the following, effective June 6th: Saturday’s Vigil Mass at 4:30 PM and 7 PM Spanish Mass with confessions being from 3-4 PM. Sundays 8:30 AM, 11 AM and 2 PM Spanish Mass- these times are temporary due to our current situation.
I have missed you all and ask for you to please read over the guidelines before returning back to Mass. Please keep an open mind, be respectful of others and know we are trying our best. This transition will be hard and very different, again we ask for your patience.
I ask you to please wear a face mask during Mass for the safety of yourself, fellow parishioners and the safety of the deacons and myself. Stay tuned for another video from me.
I would personally like to thank Fr. Shinto for all of his assistance at this time. He has been a great blessing to all of us. Your generosity has been greatly appreciated during this difficult time. Thank you for supporting the needs of the parish. Hope to see you soon. Fr. James.
- Congratulations to our 2020 Graduating Seniors!
May God’s blessings guide you to accomplish your goals throughout the coming years.
Luisa Estrella Arévalo, Madison Elizabeth Bumbalough, Karen Calderon, Autumn Nichole Calvo, Victor Esparza, Jr., Joseph Fowler, Yudith Karina Mota, Rocsanna Martinez Pantaleon, Jacob Petry, Angel Tecalco Pineda, Sophia Heeren, Noah Sy, and Michelle Venegas
- Our Giving Cabinet is available for anyone needing a bag of food or toiletry items during this unusual time. Please call the church office at 615.444.0524 to schedule a pickup time.
- In the Month of February- Giving Cabinet served 10 families and 40 individuals. Thank you to the parishioners for contributions who make this possible. Volunteers are: March 12th Karen Dawson, Rae Zang, Lou Ann Hutto and Tina Spalin and March 26th Julie Colanero, Linda White, Joy Culley and Karen Christensen. Thank You!
- A principal payment of $40,101.58, which is the total of all Reduce the Debt and Kroger Reward contributions this fiscal year-to-date, was remitted to the Diocese of Nashville on our building loan. That brings the new balance on our loan to $494,840.62. Thank you for your continued generosity!
- BISHOP’S APPEAL UPDATE: Bishop Spalding is grateful for the prayers and support of the faithful of our Diocese and for those who have made a gift or pledge to the 2020 Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries. Please consider a gift in support of his ministries that serve our Catholic community and beyond throughout
- Giving Cabinet Volunteers: Next weekend there will be a schedule after each of the Masses for you to choose the dates you would like to work for the Giving Cabinet for the coming months. The schedule will located on the round table in the narthex area.
- Lectors who prepare ahead of their week of Ministry can go to the church website, and link to http://www.usccb.org/bible/index.cfm
- The Knights of Columbus would like to thank the parish of St Frances Cabrini Catholic Church for your support in our annual Coats for Kids drive. With your help we were able to purchase 132 new coats this year. Also, thanks for dropping off around 70 sweatshirts, jackets and coats. Some of those dropped off coats went to Cedarcroft home and to other charitable organizations in Lebanon. We delivered 120 new coats to Lebanon Special School District and kept a dozen new coats along with some of the dropped off coats at the parish. So, if you know of a family that needs coats please contact the Parish Office 615-444-0524. Again, thank you for your support in this effort it is greatly appreciated.
- All 7th– 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5- 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Come learn of the priceless gifts Jesus has bestowed and His roadmap for a closer journey with Him! Join the Divine Mercy Diary Study Group every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. Tom & Libbi Compton 615-374-4054
- Holy Mass Etiquette Reminders: Our behavior in Church has an effect on others. In charity, we need to be sensitive to each other and provide a good example. Please use the Cry Room when needed for young children, and please enter and exit the Church quietly before and after Mass so people can pray in peace.
- Do you know someone who would like to know more about our faith? Did you miss your First Eucharist and/ or Confirmation? Have you been thinking about joining the Catholic Church? RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is calling all men, women and children that are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith! We are starting our inquiry sessions! We meet in the Church Hall on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Come and learn more!
- Mass Intentions: It has long been a custom within the Catholic Church to have a Mass offered for someone who is deceased or for a special intention. The priest then makes it his intention during Mass to remember the particular request made. Throughout the year we have many Masses without scheduled intentions. If you would like to have a Mass offered, you may call Nikki or stop by the parish office during regular business hours (8 AM -12 Noon) or drop a note in the collection basket with your stipend. We make our best efforts to accommodate your request. We publish the Mass intentions each week in our bulletin. The usual stipend for a Mass intention is $10.00. Fr. James would like to see this tradition continued.
- Religious Education Classes are 9:30 to 10:40 A.M.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: Second Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email email@example.com with your date.
- New Members – If you are new to the parish and would like offertory envelopes, please call the church office at 615-444-0524 so we can get you registered as a parish member. We look forward to meeting you!
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)