News and Events
- Potluck Dinner & Reception Honoring
Father James Panackal, CMI
Join fellow parishioners at the Potluck Dinner and reception held in the Parish Life Center immediately after the Installation Mass of Fr. James Panackal, CM I on Saturday. September 21st after the 5:30 P.M. Mass. We are asking parishioners to only bring side dishes and the church will provide the meat, dessert and drinks.
- The Adult Faith Formation group will be regularly meeting on Sundays in the Ashley House, from 9:30am to 10:40. For now, RCIA will be meeting on Wednesdays in the Church Hall from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Calling all adults! Are your kids in classes between the Sunday morning masses? Would you like to spend some time with other adults and perhaps have a cup of coffee during that time? Come join us in the Ashley house! We would love to have you join us in our discussions of all things about our faith. This Sunday we are going to chat about indulgences! Next Sunday (22nd) we will be talking about true presence in the Eucharist. See you at 9:30, and we will end in time for you to get your children!
- The Rosary will be led by the Legion of Mary prior to the 8:30 AM Mass and 11 AM Mass each Sunday. The Rosary is already led prior to the 5:30 Mass and will continue. The K/C’s will continue to lead the Rosary every 4th Sunday each month.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 am masses.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Divine Mercy Study Group – Join us every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. The Compton’s 615-374-4054
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Do you know someone who would like to know more about our faith? Did you miss your First Eucharist and/ or Confirmation? Have you been thinking about joining the Catholic Church? RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is calling all men, women and children that are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith! We are starting our inquiry sessions! We meet in the Church Hall on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Come and learn more!
- Mass Intentions: It has long been a custom within the Catholic Church to have a Mass offered for someone who is deceased or for a special intention. The priest then makes it his intention during Mass to remember the particular request made. Throughout the year we have many Masses without scheduled intentions. If you would like to have a Mass offered, you may call Nikki or stop by the parish office during regular business hours (8 AM -12 Noon) or drop a note in the collection basket with your stipend. We make our best efforts to accommodate your request. We publish the Mass intentions each week in our bulletin. The usual stipend for a Mass intention is $10.00. Fr. James would like to see this tradition continued.
- During the month of August the Giving Cabinet served 14 families with 32 individuals. We are grateful for the continued monetary donations to this ministry. The Cabinet will be open on Thursday, Sept. 12th from 9:30-11:30. The volunteers will be Karen Dawson, Leslie Shugars, Roz Howell, Raeanna Zang, and Charlie Zang. Thanks for your help!
- Fr. James has asked Deacon Jerry to oversee and takeover the training of all Altar Servers. Deacon Jerry would like to meet with all Altar Servers after each Mass next weekend Sept. 7th & 8th in the church. If there’s any child interested in becoming an Altar server, please see Deacon Jerry or attend one of these meetings. All Altar Servers must have made their First Communion.
- We are in need of more Eucharistic Ministers at each of the Masses. If you are interested in volunteering your time to serve at the Mass of your choice, please contact Nikki at the church office at 615.444.0524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Religious Education Classes are 9:30 to 10:40 A.M.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: Second Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email email@example.com with your date.
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NEW NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)