News and Events
- SFC will be taking up monetary donations for the Annual Salvation Army/Dewaal Shoe Giveaway. We are participating again this year, though we are not be able to hold a second collection due to COVID, we still wanted to help. This is a community wide project which provides shoes for the inner city children of Lebanon as they start back to school. You can drop your monetary donations in the designated baskets on the July 11th & 12th weekend. We ask that you make your checks payable to SFC and in the memo line add Dewaal Shoe Giveaway and the church will send one check on behalf of our parish. Thank you for your generosity.
- VBS Program–Fr. James is excited to announce SFC is holding an online VBS program for this summer. With COVID-19 our Summer is definitely different and since we are not able to all be together and hold our normal VBS program, Fr. James still wanted to give all families an opportunity to explore this wonderful program which has daily readings, songs and lots of fun activities for the family.
THE INCREDIBLE SAVIOR will help kids understand the STORY OF SALVATION as they journey through the life of Jesus Christ.
Please click here to sign up and get started. Please fill out the registration form, using the School Code (below) to associate them to your account. We suggest each student have an account, that way you may more easily track individual homework and progress. This VBS Program will be good through July 21st.
School Name: St. Frances Cabrini
School Code: STF45372
- Dispensation from Obligation to Attend Mass has been extended through August 3rd by Bishop Spalding.
- Join others around the diocese in a Zoom summer program for teens grades 7 -12 and families with children of all ages, Be Saints! Be Saints will teach about the Church and the life it calls us to live. Participants will play games, have prayer, reflection, discussion and more! It is on Wednesdays at 7 pm from June 17 to July 22 and alternates weekly between teens and families. The teen sessions are scheduled for June 17, July 1, and July 15. Family sessions are scheduled for June 24, July 8, and July 22. Limited to 100 people per session. To register and receive weekly Zoom links visit http://eepurl.com/g4AOhj. For more information you can visit https://dioceseofnashville.com/besaints
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact the office for the phone numbers of Suellen Simpson or Denise Smith
- Masses are being live-streamed daily on Facebook via the Carmel Center’s Facebook page and St. Frances Cabrini Facebook page. – Reservations are NOT needed to attend Mass. It will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
Weekday – Monday– Friday Rosary at 7:35 A.M. and Mass at 8 A.M. follows
Fridays starting July 1 – only Mass at 12 noon
Saturday – Rosary will begin 4 P.M. – Confessions 3-4 P.M. in the Children’s Training Chapel (Cry Room), Masses at 4:30 P.M. and 7 P.M. Spanish Mass
Sundays – Mass will be 8:30 A.M., 11 A.M. and 2 P.M. Spanish Mass
No Sunday Rosaries – Due to cleaning between the other Masses, there will not be a Rosary and doors will be opened 20 minutes before Masses.
- Fr. James would like to remind all parishioners when you arrive at the church and come together, please be mindful and respectful of the norms and guidelines of social distancing in and out of the church building.
- There will be no worship aids in the pews. Bring your cell phones and silence them please. You can visit www.usccb.org for readings – go to www.usccb.org/nab/index.htm – church Wi-Fi Password: SSunshine
- Lectors who prepare ahead of their week of Ministry can go to the church website, and link to http://www.usccb.org/bible/index.cfm
- The Church Office has returned. Due to social distancing, please call the church office at 615-444-0524, if no answer call 615-489-7803 or email email@example.com so they can assist your needs from there. Office hours are Monday- Friday from 8 A.M. until 12 noon.
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreats: (July 18, Sept. 12, Oct. 17, Nov. 14), 8 a.m.-5p.m., Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville.
- At this time: Due to our current situation, ALL parish events, parish group meetings, including small faith meetings and Religious Ed Classes, have been cancelled until further notice.
- Our Giving Cabinet is available for anyone needing a bag of food or toiletry items during this unusual time. We are open, every 2nd and 4th Thursday each month from 9:30-11:30 A.M., but following the guidelines and maintaining social distancing. Please call the church office at 615.444.0524 to schedule a pickup time.
- Congratulations to our 2020 Graduating Seniors!
May God’s blessings guide you to accomplish your goals throughout the coming years.
Luisa Estrella Arévalo, Madison Elizabeth Bumbalough, Karen Calderon, Autumn Nichole Calvo, Victor Esparza, Jr., Joseph Fowler, Yudith Karina Mota, Rocsanna Martinez Pantaleon, Jacob Petry, Angel Tecalco Pineda, Sophia Heeren, Noah Sy, and Michelle Venegas
- BISHOP’S APPEAL UPDATE: Bishop Spalding is grateful for the prayers and support of the faithful of our Diocese and for those who have made a gift or pledge to the 2020 Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries. Please consider a gift in support of his ministries that serve our Catholic community and beyond throughout
- Holy Mass Etiquette Reminders: Our behavior in Church has an effect on others. In charity, we need to be sensitive to each other and provide a good example. Please use the Cry Room when needed for young children, and please enter and exit the Church quietly before and after Mass so people can pray in peace.
- Do you know someone who would like to know more about our faith? Did you miss your First Eucharist and/ or Confirmation? Have you been thinking about joining the Catholic Church? RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is calling all men, women and children that are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith! We are starting our inquiry sessions! We meet in the Church Hall on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Come and learn more!
- Mass Intentions: It has long been a custom within the Catholic Church to have a Mass offered for someone who is deceased or for a special intention. The priest then makes it his intention during Mass to remember the particular request made. Throughout the year we have many Masses without scheduled intentions. If you would like to have a Mass offered, you may call Nikki or stop by the parish office during regular business hours (8 AM -12 Noon) or drop a note in the collection basket with your stipend. We make our best efforts to accommodate your request. We publish the Mass intentions each week in our bulletin. The usual stipend for a Mass intention is $10.00. Fr. James would like to see this tradition continued.
- Baptismal Preparation Class is by appointment only. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 or 615-489-7803.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your date.
- New Members – If you are new to the parish and would like offertory envelopes, please call the church office at 615-444-0524 so we can get you registered as a parish member. We look forward to meeting you!
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with your help and Kroger’s help we will receive a check for $358.44 We have 82 supporters (households) who shopped at Kroger between 29-Feb-2020 to 28-May-2020 contributed and designated SFC as their organiza-tion. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions be-low. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!!
Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community!
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)