News and Events
- “Roar” Life is wild-God is good.
June 23-28, 2019
VBS – Click here for registration form
- SAVE THE DATE
Sunday, July 21
St. Frances Cabrini Parish Picnic
To be held rain or shine from 3PM-6PM on the parish grounds.
YOU BRING: 1 large or small sides to share
Lawn chairs or blanket
Games and activities for young and old.
The Parish Council is requesting your help to make this an enjoyable event!
What can you do to help??
Set-up -Take-down – Keep buffet orderly -Organize activites -Cook
SIGN-UP SHEET IN THE NARTHEX
- You are invited to the First Mass of the Reverend Edwuin Cardona here at St. Frances Cabrini on Saturday, May 25th at 5:30 P.M. and Reception to follow at the Parish Life Center (old church).
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS. The Ladies Altar Society and the Tuesday Morning Bible Study will be hosting a breakfast on Tuesday, May 21st, immediately following the 8AM Mass. Join us for the service, after which we will gather in the Parish Hall for food and fellowship. Everyone is invited!! Start your day off right.
- Legion Of Mary meet Thursdays at 5:30 P.M. in the Ashley House, please contact Suellen Simpson 615-598-1840 or Denise Smith 615- 516-0704
- Diocesan Engaged Couples’ Retreat (June 15, July 13, Sept. 14), 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville. Info: 615-383-6393.
- Study of Our Beliefs For ALL Adults: meet in the Ashley House Sunday mornings between the 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. Masses.
- Tuesday Bible Study Group meets Tuesdays 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Parish Hall. Contact Kathleen Kissane 615-444-6756.
- Divine Mercy Study Group – Join us every Sunday between Masses in the old church’s Sacristy. The Compton’s 615-374-4054
- Youth Group – All 7th – 12th graders are invited to join Youth Group for food, fellowship, and fun. Most Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Parish Life Center. Hope to see you there.
- Congratulations to our Graduating Seniors! We wish you the best, many blessings and our prayers. May God’s blessings guide you to accomplish your goals throughout the coming years. (Click here for High School) (Click here for College)
- The Giving Cabinet continues to serve people in the community who are in need of some extra food supplies. The volunteers for Thursday, May 23rd, are Marianne Russell, Cathy Maggart, Nancy Porter, and Leslie Shugars. Thank them for their time and thank you to all who donate regularly.
- Congratulations to the R.C.I.A. Candidates who became the newest members of SFC at the Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday at the Hispanic Mass. We welcome you to our parish family and wish all of you many prayers and blessings.
- Congratulations to the First Communicants, who received the Sacrament of The Eucharist this weekend. Our Best Wishes, many prayers, and blessings go with these children as God gives them the best Gift He has, His own Loving Son, our God and Savior. We are proud of each of these children.
- The Ladies Altar Society greatly appreciates the support of the congregation throughout the year. We have purchased a small, 30-day devotional for women which we will be handing out after the Masses on May 18th and 19th. Please take a copy home for your personal use and then share it with a friend! Thank you for your support.
- Thank You to all those who helped with “Stations through the Square.” Moving to the inside created some necessary adjustments but I feel like it was still a success and actually gave us more opportunity to meet people from the other churches. Thank you to all those who helped in any way.
- I would like to say THANK YOU to all parishioners and Parish groups who participated in Compassionate Hands this winter season. Over the 15 weeks, we fed a total of 283 guests-each Sunday they all received a delicious, hot, and home cooked meal. We provided our guests a place to come eat a good warm meal and built friendships along the way. Thank you for signing up, cooking, and serving. Helping others is a universal principle and starts here at home with us. Again, thank you for your generosity and support and hope you plan to come back and serve again next year. 3. Acts 20:35- I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Congratulations to our Confirmands who received the Sacrament of Confirmation last week. Our best wishes, many prayers and blessings are with these teens. Now they are ready to use their talents and gifts to serve where God directs them. We are proud of them.
- Graduates-As we approach the end of the school year we would like to recognize all of High School and College Graduates. If your student is graduating this year please let us know by contacting Jan Trahan at 615-566-3326 or email@example.com. You may also contact the church office 615-444-0524. Thank you.
- Confirmation Class: Attention any students planning to be Confirmed in 2020 should be registered in classes NOW. Although Confirmation is usually celebrated in 8th grade, the year before is a pre-preparation year for Confirmation and will start being required. If you have any question please call Jan Trahan at 615-444-0524 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baptismal Preparation Class: First Saturday of each month at 3 P.M. In order to have a child baptized at St. Frances Cabrini both parents and godparents will need to attend one of these classes. Baptisms will be after Masses only on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month. Please call Nikki at the church office 615-444-0524 to get registered for this class.
- Brides & Grooms: Don’t forget to schedule your pre-marital meetings with pastor; also don’t forget, you will also be required to attend an Engaged Couples Retreat. No completion certificate, no ceremony! So don’t delay.
- Thank you to all parishioners who signed up at Ministry Sign- Up Sunday. Please watch the bulletin for dates for the training session classes for all Altar Servers, Lectors, and Eucharistic Ministers.
- Altar Flowers – Parishioners can devote altar flowers as a memorial to remember or honor a loved one, whether living or deceased. The intention will be recognized in the bulletin. The Altar flower memorials will be available for the weekend Masses and will consist of freshly-cut flower arrangements. There is a stipend of $35.00 for the flower arrangement. Contact Nikki at the office to make arrangements for the weekend you would like- call 444-0524 or email email@example.com with your date.
Kroger Community Rewards®
We are thrilled to announce and share our 4th quarterly rewards amount with you. It is with YOUR help and Kroger’s help that we will receive a check for $355.47. We have 65 supporters (households – out of our 602 families) who shopped at Kroger between 5-29-2018 and 8-29-2018 and contributed and designated SFC as their organization. This is an easy way to help earn funds for the ‘Reduce the Debt’. If you’ve not signed up yet, please follow the directions below. Share with your family and friends and they can sign up, too. Let’s make it 100 supporters!! Again, we thank all parishioners for their continued support and for signing up and to Kroger for their commitment in giving back to our community.
Please note….that our Organization Number has changed….NEW NUMBER IS FN342.
Link your Kroger Card to help St. Frances Cabrini!
St. Frances Cabrini is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Link your Kroger Card to St. Frances Cabrini and help in our fund raising efforts.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
1 – Create an on-line account at www.kroger.com
2 – Add your Kroger Plus Card to your account
3 – Add St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church (Organization Number FN342) as your chosen organization
Start helping by signing up today!
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki at the church office (615- 444-0524)